2010....twenty ten...
It's a pretty crazy thought that it's already 2010. For as bumpy as 2009 was for our family, it sure did go fast.
As I turn my thoughts to what is to come for us this year, I'm just blown away. I'm not quite sure how I'm holding it together and not just screaming with excitement at every moment. 2010. This will be our year. It's amazing to think about how our lives are going to change in just a couple of months. They will forever be....better.
New Years Resolutions...do you have one? I don't and I think that is okay. The 'ol losing weight resolution isn't really a possibility right now - that'll have to come in April. So, I think that I'll just strive to be better. A better wife, a better sister, a better daughter, a better friend, a better teacher, a better listener...I guess 'better' isn't really the best word choice...but at this moment, it's all I've got.
We rang in 2010 in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. Mom, Dad, Brian, Kris, Liz & I all crammed into the Tahoe on NYE for the nice 7 hour drive. I wish I had a picture of just how crammed we were. You'd think a Tahoe was a big car. HA! Not when you have 6 adults, their luggage, and bunches of Christmas presents that still need to be delivered...oh...and no trunk space. It made for a very cushy drive. The funny part is that it didn't turn out to be that bad!
When we got to Ohio we were greeted by Grandma and Grandpa Milazzo, as well as, Aunt Jan, Nick, Sarah, and Rocco.
Dad and Rocco hanging out upstairs
the crew early on..
NYE dinner after church...pizza, salad, and wings
Grandma Sheila & Mom
Grandpa and his #1!
you may be wondering why Edward from Twilight is on Brian's shirt...well, it is the gag gift he received from my cousin Nick. Nick is getting him ready for all of the fun movies and concerts that Brian will take McKenna to. Nick and Brian exchange a gag gift each year...Brian's gift to Nick was a bit too inappropriate to post on the blog...sorry!
FARKLE!
the ball is about to drop! everyone has up their 1 - 0 for 2010
like mother like daughter...black shirts, jeans, and candy cane socks...I love my Momma!
late night means only one thing...Brian is going to wrestle someone...and that person was Nick
a continuing tradition...ever since we were little we've always slept all together on the floor in my Grandparents family room...at 20-30 years old it hasn't changed...and yes, Nick does have clothes on! this year I got the couch though...for obvious reasons!
good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

4 comments:
aww so cute. i am happy to see nick wearing a purdue hat (i think) and i like his pose on the floor. looks like it was a great time!
Sorry we missed Jan, Rocco & family on New Year's Eve but we had a great time w/ the Chicago Milazzo's New Years Day! :)
Rocco is ADORABLE!!!
Glad you posted the pic of you all at bedtime...someone needs to get Nick a pair of PAJAMAS! (haha)
Just kidding, Nick!
If Brian wants to borrow any of the Twilight books, Marissa has the entire series...hehe....
she'd be happy to loan them to her cousin Brian! :)
Love you all,
Aunt Kim
I want to know why you couldn't post Nick's gift on the Blog... ;) Actually, I DO know why, but I would have loved to read your description of THAT gift! Hope you are proudly wearing it Nick!
Thanks for giving us a glimpse into the New Year's Eve fun for the Witko/Milazzo Clan!
Happy New Year to you, my friend! This IS going to be your year...although the "gift" really did come in 2009, so it wasn't so bumpy after all! :)
Love to you!
Katie
I now realize that Nicks real gift was my new ability to look tough in an Edward shirt. Maybe I should be thanking Ed but thanks to Nick. And whenever I wear that shirt, and I will wear it often, I will morph into an unstoppable intimidating force that cannot be reasoned with. Hopefully your gift brings you similar abilities.
Post a Comment