Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week 27

Once again we headed over to my parent's house for dinner this week. Due to a pretty busy week, we weren't able to have everyone there - it was just me, Brian, Lizzie, Kristen and Mom. Mack was working and Dad was at Walsh University in Canton, OH attending Board of Director Meetings. We went over for dinner on Saturday night and not only was it a chance for the fam to see how much my belly has grown in the past week, but it was also a chance for us to hang out with Liz before she left for San Francisco. Lizzie got a promotion at work - Wells Fargo - and she is headed to "Credit Camp" for the next two weeks in San Fran. In honor of Liz we had her favorite wings - Wing Stop.

By the way...a special shout out to our friend Stephanie Bea - she so graciously lent me a bunch of maternity clothes and the outfit you'll see in these pictures is hers. Thanks for making me look good, Steph! You're the best! Love you!

I continue to feel great! McKenna is moving around like crazy - mostly at night when I'm finally laying down and in the early morning when I first get up, but there are times when I feel her moving about when I'm at school during the day, what's funny is that it's usually when one of my students is reading. I've really enjoyed being pregnant and I still can't believe how far along we are - it sure has gone fast. We were looking back at some pictures from the beginning of my pregnancy and we just had to laugh at how we thought I was showing then! See? Here I am at week 7 - amazing the difference - I guess it has been 20 weeks, but still!



Sleep is starting to get a bit uncomfortable. Trippy loves to sleep right against her sister, protecting her. It's sweet, but man sometimes she just needs to move. I have a body pillow that I use, but sometimes it just really doesn't seem to help. I'm not really sure there is anything that'll help...that'll just make for an easier transition for when McKenna is here demanding my attention at all hours of the night, right? All in all this has been a dream pregnancy. I'm sure there's more to come in the next 12-13 weeks, but at this point I couldn't have asked for better.

Week 27: This week, McKenna weighs almost 2 pounds - like a head of cauliflower - and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, her brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rach- You are looking great! I can't believe you only have thirteen more weeks to go. We can't wait to meet her! You are definitely right about uncomfortable sleep preparing you for late night feedings :)
Jim, Courtney & Abby

Aunt Kim said...

Yay for borrowed maternity clothes! When I was pregnant, I had a group of friends and we just kept rotating the boxes of maternity clothes between us!

You look great, Rachel!!! The baby will be here before we know it!!!

Love, Aunt Kim

tamilazzo said...

You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and glowing! You both look healthy, I mean all three of you! [Brian, Rachel and McKenna]

This pregnancy has been so much fun for all of us. Family dinners came out of this and I'm forever thankful. I love having all of us together.

Love you! Momma