I've done it quite a bit in my 30 years of life.
5 states, 6 houses....friends all over the country
It was the family meeting I most dreaded...always beginning with the words "We're moving."
Everytime I seemed to get settled into the new state, new school, new soccer team, and new group of best friends...mom & dad would call a meeting and oh how I would cry. I would just cry and cry and cry. Would I ever find another best friend like Erin Fatica or Kristen Normann???
It just never seemed likely. It always seemed like the end of the world.
But, each and every time, it wasn't the end of the world. Things always worked out just fine...Yes, I was able to find a group of friends. Yes, I joined a soccer team. Yes, I was just fine.
...and Yes, if we hadn't moved to Illinois, I would never have met Brian.
Moving helped me to grow as a person and actually as a teacher too, no one knows better than me how it felt to be the new kid at school and how important it was to get in with the right group of friends....oh how that can make or break you. Right, mom?
Although it's not on quite as big a scale as say, moving from Michigan to Florida or Florida to Pennsylvania....but....Brian & I are moving!
We have sold our townhouse and we are closing on Friday, February 26th...which yes, is only 10 days away...and no we don't have a house YET.
So...we're moving in with my Mom & Dad (...and Kris and Lizzie) for the time being. We put an offer on a house in Plainfield, IL and we're still waiting to hear back. In the meantime, we're broadening our search to include Oswego, IL and we'll just keep looking until we find our house.
Will this house be McKenna's one and only? Hmmm...only time will tell!
Let the packing begin!
I am limited in what I can do, so my Momma came on Monday to help pack up our kitchen. What a blessing!
my Tripsy girl likes her Starbucks just like her Momma does
a grande, nonfat, decaf, caramel macchiato, with whip!
what a great Valentine's Day treat!
don't worry, I had already finished the drink, she was just licking the cup clean!

8 comments:
If you can't get that broken bulb out I've heard of jambing half of a cut potato on it and then twisting it off with the potato. Hope you find your house soon. Let us know if you need to store stuff over here.
It will be interesting to see how Pepper treats Trip once she realizes she's not going home, ha ha.
Good luck Rach. I moved when I was 35 weeks pregnant. Scrubbing inside of cabinets and floors is not fun with a big belly. But Congrats on selling the house, and even more luck on your new endeavor of house hunting. It is so crazy that baby McKenna is almost here. She is very special, you and Brian will be fantastic parents. It is amazing how you worry and they are not even born yet. Enjoy these last 9 weeks. Get ready for your heart to grow the size of the universe, to melt at the simplest smile and know you are changed forever!
Lots of love and a kiss on the belly.
Danielle Kreiling
Oswego...that is almost Yorkville. Keep coming west. He he he.
Let us know if you need help on moving day. Matt works Saturdays but I am always free. I am also a Great packer... 5 homes in 9 years. So if I can help with that, too. Maybe afterschool one day.
Best of luck!
Michelle
Leave it to me to skip right over the packing/moving stuff & get right to sweet Trippy enjoying a delicious Starbucks Treat! :) So funny...she has great taste! I also had to laugh at the pictures of her on the mattress.
I cannot believe that moving weekend is almost here. Then, before you know it, it'll be time for a baby shower, classes, tours, and then...McKenna!! She will most definitely be the prize at the finish line! Your Gold Medal for sure! :) (too much Olympics watching for me...it's on my mind!)
Love you bunches.
Katie
Well, they say that one big life event at a time is not enough! So, moving & new baby on the way -- totally normal!!! :)
Trippy is hilarious....mattresses as playgrounds, Starbucks treats...what a great doggie life!
Good Luck in the house-search. If the one you bid on does not work-out, then it was not meant to be & something better will pop up! In the meantime, you are going to love the time spent at your Parents and all of the help & support you will receive being there...and just think...family dinners EVERY night!!! :)
Love you guys and the countdown has begun...9 weeks!!!! Wow!!!
Aunt Kim
I love keeping up with your stories and escapades through your blog! I'm sure your "squash" can not wait to come out and join you and Brian's sweet little world! I am so happy to have known McKenna when she was just a twinkle in the Cheesecake Factory bathroom! :) Thank you, Katie, for bringing us together (if only a couple times!) We all need to get together sometime!! Happy packing...
Kristin
Countdown begins...I'm so lucky to have 5 1/2 roommates and two dogs.
Aw Rach, you made me cry! Good luck with your move. I miss you so much and hope one of these days (years?) I'll actually get to see you again!!
I've never found another Rachel Milazzo...
Love you lots!
Norm
Post a Comment