Whew! What a weekend! The best word used to describe it would be : FULL
The fact that I have now moved into my 31st week of pregnancy was actually the the last thing I thought about...we just had way too much going on.
Here is a rundown of it all...
First...the Week 31 info: This week, McKenna measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
Our weekly dinner was on Thursday night...my mom came over and brought KFC. We worked on packing up the house and stayed up late watching Naperville's Evan Lysacek win Gold! (Lizzie sat next to him in advertising class at Neuqua her senior year!)
getting bigger and bigger...
Trippy kissing her sister
so tired from packing
I no longer have ankles...as of Friday night...I now have cankles
UGH...this picture is awful
Moving Day came on Saturday the 20th. We were very lucky to have both sets of parents and Brian's brother, Eric, come and help us finish moving and packing up the POD. The POD arrived bright and early at 7:45am. It was pretty amazing how they manuevered it onto the driveway...
you never thought that two people could have so much stuff
our first home
After packing/moving all day, we headed over to our friend's, the Tokarz's, house for dinner with the Bea family. Deana made an absolutely delicious dinner and dessert. She is definitely the hostess with the mostess!
the Dad's, Brad & Tim, playing with their babes, Kailey & Tucker
Kailey is 9 months and Tucker is 7 months
Thanks Tim & Steph and Brad & Deana! We had such a great time, as always. We can't wait to add little McKenna into the mix! Tucker, Kailey & Kenna will be the best of friends, I just know it! We love you!
We are officially moved into my parents house and it's been great so far. It's definitely funny to be back into my old bedroom and getting ready in the morning next to Lizzie in the bathroom. But, I love being with my family, and I know that I'm really going to appreciate this time. Remember that it's only day 2.... :)
We are so so so excited to announce that...
WE GOT OUR HOUSE!!!
We'll be under contract tomorrow! Wahooo!!!


7 comments:
YEAH!!! What exciting times!! The house looks gorgeous and will be a loving home in no time :) Congratulations and lots of love xoxo
~The Camerons
You saved the best news for last! Congrats to you & Brian (& McKenna & Trip!) on the house! Can't wait to hear the specifics this morning when we get to work! What wonderful memories you are going to make in this next house! So happy for your family.
Enjoy this time with your parents & sisters! McKenna is a lucky little girl to be surrounded by such love.
--Katie
Yeah! This is so exciting! The house looks wonderful! I love the porch and all the windows. Looks like a wonderful place to start the next chapter. -Michelle
Great post, Rachel! Jam-packed with awesome pics, news & info!
Amazing what is going on inside your belly right now! I remember the feeling of "baby doing flips!" How wonderful.
You have the BEST parents and inlaws and everyone who helped with your move! I think your new house is PERFECT! Looking forward to many loving memories, good times, and pictures inside! What an awesome home for McKenna to grow up in!!!! I can just see the little tricycle, sidewalk chalk, soccer goals (of course!), and ride-toys in the driveway and yard!!!!
Best of Luck with all of the paperwork, formalities w/ the new house and hope it all goes well.
And continued love and hugs during these last weeks!!! It's almost time!!!
Love ya!!
Aunt Kim
PS Trippy kissing your belly is a great pic!
oh man ur kankles...im soooo sorry...love all the pics and the house!! cant wait to have sleepovers there with mckenna!
Congrats to you guys on the house! How exciting! We had a great time with you on Saturday night too! Can't wait until the shower!
Love you!
Deana
P.S. Guess I'll be getting you a chip-n-dip as a house-warming gift! (hehe) Green one, just like mine!!! :)
Post a Comment