Thursday, September 16, 2010

6 Word Memoirs

Can you pare the story of your life into just six words?

SMITH magazine asked their readers to try to sum up their life in a single sentence. They received millions of entries....some sad, some funny, but all in only 6 words.

Ernest Hemingway, many years ago, wrote: For sale: baby shoes, never worn

Comedian Stephen Colbert wrote: Well, I thought it was funny

a woman wrote: I still make coffee for two

a teenager wrote: I miss believing in Santa Claus

Last week during our Professional Development Wednesday, a district instructional strategist came and challenged us to do the same thing.

Project Arrow (Gifted) Teacher, Jen Campen wrote two of them:
Compulsive shopper, conquering perfectionism and procrastination
Avid rule follower, secretly seeking spontaneity

Interventionist, Katie K. wrote: So much to be grateful for

A 5th grade teacher wrote: So many hats, none fit perfectly

Me? Well, I was very intrigued by this challenge. Hmmm...my life in 6 words....

Little did I know, it came pretty easy and they just started to roll out. Now, do they describe my whole life? I'm not so sure about that, but each of them resonate with me in a different way.

Always loved being the Teacher's Pet

Will never forget lunch Senior Year

Believer in love at first sight

Blessed by God in many ways

My life is my Baby Girl

Nothing's better than Post-its and Flairs

Strive to be perfect in everything

The darkest moment to brightest light

...and my favorite...

I will blog about this today

Can you pare the story of your life into just 6 words?

If you feel comfortable, write your 6 word memoir as a comment, I'd love to read it!


It's Fall, McKenna in her Ugg's

two Momma's, baby trouble, beautiful daughters

15 comments:

GBA 24/7 said...

Punky looks so cute in her uggs!!!

I tried the 6 words...

work hard, play hard, sleep hard

looking, waiting, wanting, for someone, something

funny, I thought I was better

best dressed girl in the room

GBA 24/7 said...

oh I thought of one for you Rachel...

Rachel, practically perfect in every way.

T said...

lizzie the sleep hard one i think fits you perfectly although i appreciate the i thought i was better post.

-Lack of patience, just stupid people

-Planning for a type A personality

The Witkowski Family said...

Oh my gosh! Lizzie and Tara, I'm loving your 6 words! Liz, yours are PERFECT...they are sooo you! You are always the "best dressed girl in the room" and I agree with Tara, I appreciate your "Funny, I thought I was better." I laughed out loud at the one you picked for me. Oh, how true it is :)Tara, you crack me up.

I love you girls so much! Thanks for commenting.

GBA 24/7 said...

Haha tara I love yours! The first one is YOU!!!

tamilazzo said...

My family, my friends, so blessed

Too tired, to think, of more

Patty said...

Ok, Rachel, here is mine:
only thing that matters is relationships

It has become my personal philosophy.
Love your blog :)
Patty

Brian said...

Liz I immediately thought of:

"Alarm going off, I'm still asleep"

for you

Me:

What are we doing today, Rachel?

Trippy please get off the couch

soon to be

What are we doing now, McKenna?

Trippy get off the couch, NOW

Anonymous said...

here are mine rach...

Rach here are mine...
*One day, I will feel better

*Each day, progress not perfection

*Fake it until you make it

*Darker the clothes, skinnier you appear :)

*nothing better then squishes from Punky

love ya--Kris

Brina said...

I thought I would try...

Never felt whole until Eric.

Laugh, hug, smile, love every day.

Being an Auntie is really great!

<3

mackenzie said...

Chilis on the road trainer FOREVER...


Guess that's mine...

tamilazzo said...

For my girl

... she'll forever be my sweet Puggie!

GBA 24/7 said...

for pugga...

baby got back, and much more

Anonymous said...

More...

*curiosity of tomorrows, appreciation of todays

*everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt

I am now obsessed
Love ya--Kris

Anonymous said...

I feel awkward, is that awkward?

Glass is half full and huge

Sure, one more will not hurt

-brady