Dr. Hickey told me that everything looked good and that we would just wait for the blood work to come back before I started my Lupron injections.
On Wednesday, Sue called to let me know that both of our blood work results looked good and that I'm good to go to begin my injections. When I got home from school the HUGE box of medications was on our doorstep...check out the pictures. Also, here are some pictures of my first day of injections...notice the huge smile on my face...you think I'm excited to begin this process??? Um...yeah I think so!!!
All of the Meds...and yes, another cooler!
Some of Mackenzie's Meds and Syringesactually even more came today...
My Meds and Syringes..
First Day of Lupron!!!! Measuring out 10 units...Sue also told me that Brian & I need to begin our antibiotics. We need to take them twice a day (with breakfast and dinner) for the next 10 days. Mackenzie will begin her 20 pills when she begins her injections. Sue prescribed antibiotics to make sure that none of us get sick while we're going through all of this. She wants to make sure we all stay healthy!
Mackenzie & I have an appointment at 12:45pm on Tuesday, June 30th for her injection Teach. To make sure that their patients can give themselves shots, HCR requires you to come in for a Teach, which is just where they show you a video about how to inject yourself and then the nurse makes you do it in front of her so that she can make sure you don't freeze up. Mackenzie is nervous about giving herself the shots, so we decided that we would go together. I'm pretty sure that she'll be fine once she realizes that the ones you give yourself don't hurt. I think she will realize that the subcutaneous shots are actually pretty easy to give yourself because the needles are so small. But, it is okay if she gets too nervous and just can't do it. If she has any problem at all I will be there to learn how to give them to her. We all know that I have no problem shooting up! haha! Brian has already had the teach for the intramuscular injections, obviously, because he has already had to give them to me. So, he will be the one to give them to Mack as well. We are thinking that it might be easier for her to come live with us for the 10 days of injections, but we'll see!
Today I made an appointment to begin seeing a Fertility Acupuncturist. I have heard from many other girls going through fertility treatments who have found acupuncture to be very helpful. Not only for the treatment aspect, I think that it will help me with the emotional/stressful side of the process we are currently going through. The acupuncturist is actually able to individually treat me as I am going through the Donor Egg process. She is able to plan her treatment according to what I am doing on the medical side and help to assist it. I start on Sunday, so I guess I'll let you know! I am very excited.
____________________________________________________________________
Thursday, June 25th, Brian turned the BIG 2-9! We went out to dinner to Traverso's with a huge crew of people. It was a great time. If you can believe it though, I only got this one picture from the evening! What the heck was I doing! Sorry!
If you look back to the picture of the big box of meds sitting on our front step, you will see a smaller box sitting on top. Brian received a birthday present from my Aunt Malo and my Uncle Ba. When he got home he was very excited to open it! Inside was a St. Louis Cardinals hat signed by Hall of Famer Enos Slaughter...Brian was beside himself, he loves his Cards and just couldn't believe the thoughtfulness from my Aunt and Uncle. Thanks Aunt Malo and Uncle Ba! Brian LOVES the hat, it is already proudly displayed in the house. You guys are the absolute best! Thanks for thinking of Brian on his special day! We love you!










9 comments:
Thanks to the 'text alert' it looks like I can be first...as long as I make this a short & sweet comment post! :) I'm not always so short & sweet when it comes to my comments, though! Hope my fingers can type fast enough!
WOW...what a week it has been! I love that you are documenting this. Not only is it helpful to all of your faithful blog readers (so we know how best to pray for you thru this process) but it'll be a great way to look back on this journey you've been on. And, what a cool thing to share with Baby Witko some day too!
I'm anxious to hear how the acupuncture goes. I continue to be amazed at how many services are available to you throughout this process. I hope it helps to ease some of the anxiousness you may experience.
It looks like Brian's birthday was a fun one! Happy Birthday to him from Steve, Parker, and me! ;)
Can't wait to see you soon! Lunch next week?!
So excited for you, Rach!!! Love you bunches!
Katie
darn it. i thought i would be first. love the texts. Wow, thats a lot of needles. I am sure Mac will find it just as easy as you to shoot up :) Im so happy everything is moving forward. These posts get more and more exciting. love you
This has been a great week and it will get more and more exciting as the process continues. I pray for us all and am thankful that with the blog you are all in the the loop. We can use prayers from you all.
It was so nice of Malo and Ba to think of our special Brian. What a cute 29 year old!
My love to all our bloggers.
Tamama
Wow! What a fast-paced & informative post!! So much going on!!! I can't believe how large that box was!!! We will all be thinking of you all and praying that all goes well during this process! Much much love and positive energy and thoughts your way! :)
Happy Belated Birthday, Brian!
That is a great gift!
Trip is looking bigger! What a cutie!
Love,
Aunt Kim
P.S. No fair about the text alerts! Did you lose my cell number or something?? Just kidding!!
Oh Yeah me too, I did not have an alert either....lol! Love, Ang
Must have blanked out on Friday and not checked... what was I thinking??! Better late than never though. I can't get over the amount of medicine! You are so brave and strong! The next month is going to be crazy!!! I can't wait! BTW both your arms look tiny in the first picture. Talk to you soon. Love, Lizzie
Hello again....just doing my Monday moring blog check. Reread everything and like Lizzie said above, Rach, you are so brave! I hope the weekend went well and everything is progressing well!!
Thinking of you guys every step of the way!!!!!!
Love,
Aunt Kim
Sorry I still can't figure out how to post with my name, I will be anonymous for now. I agree with Lizzie about the arm size. That is one of the hugest (is that a word?) smiles I have ever seen, Rachel. I think Brian will be just fine on the big day, I just hope he can make a little Witkowski princess since there has not been one for 2 generations now. On the other hand I do have lots of experience with little boys and their diapers are easier to change. So either one is a blessing. LOVE YOU BOTH LOTS!
Love, Barb
Whoopie! I did learn how to post my name.
Post a Comment