Sunday, September 6, 2009

In One Week's Time...

Right now our baby is about the size of this ...



by next week he/she will be the size of this ...



Isn't that amazing?!

As I understand it for the next few weeks we'll be making our way through the produce aisle of the grocery store...no wonder I'm so tired - I'm working on changing a poppy seed to a blueberry then into a raspberry...it sure takes a lot out of me!

Blood work on Friday went well. I was in and out as usual. Victoria and I have become good friends and she knows that there is no way I can answer my phone during the school day, so instead of leaving a message, she now just texts me my results! You gotta love the 21st century! She told me that my levels still look great and that we should continue the same injection schedule that we are currently on. I am still getting IM injections nightly...and let me tell you...they are getting worse and worse. My body has built up a nice layer of scar tissue on both sides on my butt. Brian works very hard to avoid those areas, but it is just too far spread. I really don't think there is a spot we haven't punctured at this point. Dr. Hickey said that at one point we may get to where we're doing them every other night, but obviously not yet. I can't wait until we are done with them completely. A friend of mine at school who had also been through IVF said that she had to do the injections for the first three months of her pregnancy; we're thinking that we're probably on the same road. Only one month to go!

------------------------------

A huge CONGRATULATIONS goes out to my cousin Danny Dudek. As a freshman he is a member of the sophomore football team at Neuqua Valley High School here in Naperville. (Kris, Liz, and Mack are all alum) We went to his game on Friday night at North Central College - they played Naperville Central - another football powerhouse.

Neuqua won 23-0 and Danny scored all THREE touchdowns! I just can't tell you how proud we all were of him. Danny and his brother Mikey are unreal athletes and it is just so amazing to see them play. We are so lucky to live so close and get to see them in action. I can't believe he is already playing at the high school level! Wasn't it just yesterday that we were at Graham together? (Danny and Mikey went to my elementary school)

Congratulations Danny! We love you!

Here is a picture of Danny and his momma, Aunt Lynn


8 comments:

Aunt Kim said...

Hey! First, a huge CONGRATS out to Danny! Way to go!!!! That must have been some game to watch! We are all so proud of you! Thanks for posting about it, Rachel!!

Rachel...LOVE the fruit graphics! You crack me up! I hope that you are able to get through the future injections okay and you are such a good sport. :)
Hang in there...it's all going to be sooooo worth it!

Ok, just gotta end with YAY #1 poster spot! :)

Take care everyone ~ love & hugs!

Aunt Kim

Lynn said...

Danny has a new PR agent, YOU! Thank you for all of the great things you said about him, and Mikey too!!! Where did you get the pic of us, I love it!!! Danny loves having his family at his games. It means the world to him that you are there and supporting him:) We are sooo lucky to have all of you.
We are all sooo psyched for baby Witko. The boys can't wait to babysit just like Lizzie used to babysit them. I told them no no Great Auntie Lynnie will be babysitting....hehehe!
See you all tomorrow at Grandma Witko's...xoxo Aunt Lynn

Lynn said...

I love the ultra sound pix...keep 'em coming....xoxo, al

KatieK said...

What a fun surprise, when I wasn't expecting a post quite yet! :)

First of all, congrats to Danny on an AWESOME game Friday night! Wow...what a huge accomplishment to even make the team...and then to score all three touchdowns on such a big night! I'm sure there was a little screaming going on!

I, too, love the pictures of the fruit. Every time I pull out some blueberries, I think of Baby Witko! Guess I need to get some raspberries to be this week's reminder. What will we be on to next week?!

Anxious to see Friday's pictures!

Love--Kate

Angie Schuster said...

Unsure if you have signed up for it, but babycenter.com sends out weekly emails of your baby's growth and development and they are awesome. Nice to forward to Brian too. In case you aren't on the bandwagon yet.

The Witkowski Family said...

Hi Angie,
Funny you should say that about BabyCenter.com...Erica Mandsager got me all set up on it when we were down there visiting.
I LOVE the weekly emails! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I knew Danny was an amazing athlete when he was at Graham but this is HUGE!!! Tell him congratulations and keep it up from us- we're SO PROUD of him. What a stud ;) He must have a lot of Milazzo in him!!! (Remember that night when you told me- I'M A MILAZZO at Dirty Nellie's??? Ha too funny!) I'm right on with KAtie now too- everytime I see fruit I think of lil' Witko in there turning into a fruit salad! I'll be home over Thanksgiving and hope to see your baby bump in person then. Love and miss you guys!
Sara and Kevin (and Sandie, too- she sends her love to Trip!)

Ang Kinney said...

I am on the computer most of the day for work, so I check for updates all the time..Can't wait for the new post!! Love you Rach and hope you are doing great!!