Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fun with Friends

There is something to be said about a three day weekend...there is nothing like having a day off from work and getting just one more day to enjoy the weekend. Columbus Day was a perfect day off to catch up with good friends.

Mackenzie & I met up with my friend Renee and her sister Jamie. Renee & I went to Illinois State together. We lived down the hall from one another in the dorms both freshman and sophomore year and then lived together (along with our friend Courtney) in an apartment both our junior and senior years. We just realized that we've already known each other for 10 years....a 1/3 of our lives! Nay is a great great friend of mine - I'm very lucky to have her in my life - I just wish we were able to see each other more often! Mackenzie and Jamie are the same age and are a lot alike. They became instant friends the first time they met. We always have a blast when we all hang out together.

Along with the girls we also got to hang with Baby Jackson. Renee & her husband, Alan, gave birth to Jackson on June 18. He is already 4 months old - I can't even believe it! You may remember pictures from when Kristen and I went to see them in the hospital.

Our first picture together, 4 months ago!

me and Jack at brunch
seriously...how cute is he???

Mackenzie & Jackson
He loved Mackenzie - he snuggled right into her lap!

Me, Nay & Jack

I would hold him and cuddle with him all day if I could!!!

the little drool bug! look at those eyes!

All 5 of us!

Of course we had to get a picture of Baby Witko with his friend Jack! Nay and I already know that they are going to be the BEST of friends!!!

Mackie was a bit tired...she actually fell asleep in the car on the way home!

1 comment:

Aunt Kim said...

Hi! LOVE the pics! The one w/ all 4 sisters is sweet! OMG, the baby is a cutie pie!!! Glad you got to visit w/ friends and enjoyed your day!

Love, Aunt Kim
(#1, #1, #1, #1, #1, #1 - in case nobody noticed!) hehe