Our appointment began with a brief consultation with the nurse...she got our background information about our pregnancy and about all other sorts of medical background. Then we had another bit of consultation with Dr. Weeks. He was wonderful, we just seem to fit right in. He was very easy to talk to and seemed genuinely excited for us and our baby. After a bit of nervousness leaving my wonderful Dr. Hickey, I am very excited to now work with Dr. Weeks. It was a perfectly seamless transition. Thank goodness!
After all of the initial pregnancy information talk he asked me if Dr. Hickey had me on any restrictions...which of course, yes he did...no heavy lifting, no working out, no intercourse, making sure that I get my circulation moving on long car rides...you know, all of those sorts of things. Dr. Weeks was very excited to tell me that from that moment on - I NO LONGER HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS! I am a normal pregnancy! I can do all sorts of things with no worry. What a great feeling.
IVF or any procedure like it (ours) does bring a sort of high risk and they'll do some monitoring to make sure everything with the baby is perfect from head to toe, but it is not SO high risk that I'm really any different than anyone else! Can you even believe it?!
When we finished talking, Dr. Weeks informed me that I would indeed be getting ANOTHER ultrasound!!! He said that he always likes to do one at the first appointment, so even though I've already had three, he will do one for their records. Could I seriously be any more excited?!
Once again Baby was moving like crazy - Dr. Weeks had a hard time getting a good picture...every time he'd think he got a good one, the baby would move. I can't wait to meet this roly-poly wild one!!! This will be my last ultrasound of this type...the baby is getting too big for the machine. My next ultrasound will be at 20 weeks when they run the Level 2 ultrasound - we'll go to the hospital for that one....and we'll get to find out the sex!
This next week brings another blood work appointment with Dr. Hickey's office...I may have only one more after this...wow...
My next appointment with Dr. Weeks will be on November 9th.


7 comments:
wow you couldn't have sex this entire time! I guess Brian is very happy this pregnancy is normal :) Again the ultra sounds made me cry. So happy to see such a healthy baby in those pics. Can't wait to find out the sex!!
Congratulations, Rachel!!! You have come so far and I am so happy for you. I am thrilled that your new doctor is just as great! YAY for the ultrasounds pics! The baby looks great! That is awesome about the zero restrictions now. It's great that you plan to find out the sex of the baby...we did, too for all 3! Although, I say we all start the official voting -- I vote that baby is a BOY! And remember, Sammy wants the delivery date to be April 29...(her birthday) as... in this family, its likely that you'll share a birthday with someone, right? :)
Thank you so much for the post! I have been checking every day since the day of your appointment for the ultrasound pic!
Love and miss you guys!
Aunt Kim
Rach, I totally thought i missed something when you wrote the caption, "Baby Witko at 13 weeks! 'he' has gotten so big!" 'he/she' is definitely getting big! .. hopefully I will see ya thursday! - love ya, brady
Rach and Brian,
You all have come so far you sooooo deserve this. Enjoy every moment (which because of the blog I know you are I get to keep an eye on you). Love you!!!
P.S. I vote BOY with Aunt Kim!!!
I'm voting boy also!
I will be the first to vote....... wait for it...... girl!!! Yes, and sorry Kim, it will be on her G-Mas b-day, April
14th. THE BEST PRESENT EVER!!!
Post a Comment