It's been a very busy 14 days for us here in the Witkowski family. We've had a ton going on...so, there's lots to update you on...enjoy this nice long post and pictures of our sweetness!
one of the last days of summer and the pool
PBR me...ASAP!
school shopping at the mall...week 10 of pregnancy #2I know...yikes!...are we sure there is only ONE baby in there???
first carousel ride at the mall...at 4 months old
On Friday, August 20, we received the occupancy permit for our new house in Plainfield. So, that meant we could finally move in! Moving Day was suddenly upon us. We became Plainfield residents on Saturday, August 21st and we couldn't be any more excited!
home sweet home
success! the POD is empty!
another shot with the POD
Lizzie, Grandma, and GP
we finally got to see and hang out with Aunt City Girl!
We don't have much furniture in our house yet on the first floor. We're waiting on Labor Day sales since we have to buy so much...family room, formal living room, dining room, WitkoBaby2's nursery...
So, needless to say, we play on the floor a lot!
favorite toy
I ran into McKenna's pediatrician at Curriculum Night last week. (Her kids go to my school, and I was actually her daughter's first grade teacher!) I told her how McKenna was loving her rice cereal and that she has a huge interest in food. When we are eating dinner, she follows your fork back and forth from your mouth to the plate trying to take a bite. It is hilarious. So, I was hoping that it might be okay if we start introducing her to vegetables. Dr. Kreiling gave us the go ahead! So, we started with sweet potatoes. Kenna does not like sweet potatoes! Every time she takes a bite she cough/gags and her entire body twitches. It's really pretty funny. After a few days, I decided to try carrots to see if she would like them better. We've only just tried them, but she seems to like them much more than sweet potatoes! She is quite the messy eater, whatever she is eating ends up all over her...which she then loves to share with Trippy!


sweet potato face!
We've had the most amazing time being McKenna's mom & dad. We couldn't ask for a better little girl. Everyday just gets better and better. I'm just so lucky!
We are loving our new house and everything that comes with it. Stay tuned, I plan on sharing photos of the house. I'm just waiting for things to be a bit further along.
School has started, we're about 8 days in already and things are going well. It's no secret that I love my job and I love my kids, so that is helping the fact that I'm not getting to spend the whole day with my favorite girl. I am very thankful for Grandma Witkowski and Aunt Lynn for watching Kenna throughout the week. We are so lucky to have so much family around to help us out. I'm not sure I'd be able to make it during the day without them. Love you!
first carousel ride at the mall...at 4 months oldme? well, I was totally nauseous!
On Friday, August 20, we received the occupancy permit for our new house in Plainfield. So, that meant we could finally move in! Moving Day was suddenly upon us. We became Plainfield residents on Saturday, August 21st and we couldn't be any more excited!
home sweet home
success! the POD is empty!family who came and helped us move in
Here's my father in law, Rich, my dad, Tim Bea,
Brian, my cousin, Nick, and my Momma!
Brad & Megan helped out too, but strategically
missed the emptying of the POD :)
another shot with the PODShe hung out with Kenna while we got things situated.
my mother in law, Barb, measured all of our windows for the blinds!
she's one happy girl...I think she liked sleeping in her crib!
but we made it and we're doing great!
On Friday, August 27th, we headed to US Cellular Field to cheer on the
On Friday, August 27th, we headed to US Cellular Field to cheer on the Yankees against the White Sox...Kenna wore her Jeter shirt!
After a bit of an initial shock of how loud everyone was cheering, McKenna got used to the noise and did great! She had an awesome time! We even got to see some fireworks.
Lizzie, Grandma, and GPbut he really can't wait until it's a CARDINALS game!
we finally got to see and hang out with Aunt City Girl!We don't have much furniture in our house yet on the first floor. We're waiting on Labor Day sales since we have to buy so much...family room, formal living room, dining room, WitkoBaby2's nursery...
So, needless to say, we play on the floor a lot!
favorite toyI ran into McKenna's pediatrician at Curriculum Night last week. (Her kids go to my school, and I was actually her daughter's first grade teacher!) I told her how McKenna was loving her rice cereal and that she has a huge interest in food. When we are eating dinner, she follows your fork back and forth from your mouth to the plate trying to take a bite. It is hilarious. So, I was hoping that it might be okay if we start introducing her to vegetables. Dr. Kreiling gave us the go ahead! So, we started with sweet potatoes. Kenna does not like sweet potatoes! Every time she takes a bite she cough/gags and her entire body twitches. It's really pretty funny. After a few days, I decided to try carrots to see if she would like them better. We've only just tried them, but she seems to like them much more than sweet potatoes! She is quite the messy eater, whatever she is eating ends up all over her...which she then loves to share with Trippy!


sweet potato face!We've had the most amazing time being McKenna's mom & dad. We couldn't ask for a better little girl. Everyday just gets better and better. I'm just so lucky!
We are loving our new house and everything that comes with it. Stay tuned, I plan on sharing photos of the house. I'm just waiting for things to be a bit further along.
School has started, we're about 8 days in already and things are going well. It's no secret that I love my job and I love my kids, so that is helping the fact that I'm not getting to spend the whole day with my favorite girl. I am very thankful for Grandma Witkowski and Aunt Lynn for watching Kenna throughout the week. We are so lucky to have so much family around to help us out. I'm not sure I'd be able to make it during the day without them. Love you!












2 comments:
YAY! So happy you're back! I was getting really anxious about no posts, haha. Can't wait to see all of you in just a couple short days! Can you believe it's already here?!
Great post Rach! I will have you know I still have joint pain from carrying your Pottery barn TV stand out of your parents and into your knew place. Don’t even get me started on the lower back stiffness. - brady
Post a Comment