Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Waiting Game

Our first dance to "So This Is Love" (from Cinderella)

Brian & I in Kauai, Hawaii, on our Honeymoon

no 'trips' for us now with our baby girl, Trip!

I ended up having my doctor's appointment this morning at 8:00am. They didn't have any early morning or late afternoon appointments available on Thursday and because school isn't out just yet, they had me come in today. The nurses were a bit surprised that I still haven't gotten my period. They said that if my ultrasound didn't show anything that my blood work would help tell them what is going on.

I'm going to be completely honest here...in the back of my mind...I was totally hoping...that it was because...I was pregnant....

The ultrasound revealed that NO! I am not pregnant - duh! - but it turned out to be a completely normal ultrasound, thank goodness! Kelly, the u/s tech, took three u/s pictures, one of my lining and then one of my right ovary and one of my left ovary. Each picture was normal and didn't tell us much. They called later on the in afternoon and told me that my estrogen level is now at 109! (remember...they need it to get down to 20) Two weeks ago it was around 450. Sue didn't say anything about my period...so I'm thinking that once my estrogen level decreases to the appropriate level then I'll probably get it. They want me to keep the same schedule and come back in two weeks, Wednesday, June 17, or on Day Three of my period - if it ever comes.

So...I'm back to the waiting game...yay...thank goodness for my distraction named Trip!


Random shout outs....

Aunt Kim and I dancing the night away at Grandpa Milazzo's 80th!
I'm not sure what dance we're doing here!

me & my daddy-o dancing to our song

me & Krissy at a Cubs game

Kris & Mackie have been WONDERFUL babysitters to Trip this week while I'm still in school...thank you thank you thank you girls! Love you!

What's to come...
OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD YOU GUYS!!! The Milazzo Women are excitedly headed into the city on Saturday to see Legally Blonde the Musical! We could be any more pumped - especially mom, Mack & Liz! - keep on the lookout for pictures of the big event!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, I'm first for the first time! Glad school is almost over, Rach. This summer will be the best summer of your lives! I'm sure of it. Love you all!
Barb

KatieK said...

I'm glad that your appt is already done & over with for the week. Those appointments really mess with our coffee schedule. :) Also glad that it was a fairly uneventful trip to see Dr. Hickey...or his nurses & u/s tech actually! I always say a quick little prayer as I see your name pop up on my phone after an appointment! I'm so anxious for the next phase of this journey to come for you.

By the way, wishing you, your mom, and your sisters a GREAT time on Saturday night! You are so blessed to have those amazing 'girls' in your life! So fitting for you too...all your blondies!

See you in a bit! Love -- Katie

GBA 24/7 said...

Loved the post...can't wait for Saturday! I am already planning my pink outfit! Woohoo! Love, Lizzie

Mackenzie said...

loved it also. loved the pics also. cant wait EITHER FOR SATURDAYYY!!! see you then! just a couple more days of school! then summer time!! love you!!

Aunt Kim said...

Hello All!

What a great post!!! Loved all the pics. Don't quite remember what dance it was either, Rachel! But it sure was fun!

Thanks for the update on the doc. appt. :)

I am sure the Musical will be wonderful....so nice you're all doing that together....but I bet none of you will get to pose with a big, fat WATERMELON. HAHA (just kidding...that is a joke from the Dirty Dancing Show at T'Giving...see the pic your mom has...yea, I am holding it!) hehe
Have fun you guys! We all expect pictures!!

Until next time....love ya!

Aunt Kim

Angie Kinney said...

So happy to hear everything is looking good. Love you guys. Ang

Anonymous said...

Well...I actually found the comment button. Now I need to think of something to write???? Rachel, thanks for sharing your journey as well as the joys of parenting with your new puppy. Trip is adorable and I am sure you can't wait to be home full-time to house break her.
See ya!

Lynn said...

Ok now I am all caught up with the gang. If anyone didn't notice i've been out of town...but I am back....Louie wants a playdate with the tripster again. Drop her off sometime...how was the play, sorry i missed it. Yes Kimmy i remember the watermelon u were holding, too funny. xoxo, Auntie Lynn

tamilazzo said...

If I ever find the watermelon pic I will make copies. Now that it is summer I can clean this house and look for it Kim! Glad you're back Lynn, let's get together. "LB" was the best! OMG!!! Loved it and love my girls! You too, Ashley!