Sunday, September 20, 2009

Irish VICTORY

On Saturday we headed to South Bend for the Notre Dame / Michigan State game. It was a beautiful day. We had a great time tailgating and getting wrapped up in the spirit that is Notre Dame. There's nothing like being there to see the Irish win! It'd be nice if we didn't always have to make it so close and down to the last minute...but hey...a win is a win! WE ARE N D!!!

Trippy headed to Katie and Steve's house for a sleepover weekend!
She had a great time playing with Parker - but I sure missed her!!!

I love South Bend!

The fam with dad's coveted tailgating grill
Mackenzie had to work, so she couldn't come...we missed her!!!

The California Crew!
On the far right is Greg Musso - he is one of my dad's friends
moving right to left is Susan, Greg's sister Fran, and his nephews Evan and Matt
...these USC fans were ND fans for the day...take note that I WILL NEVER be a USC fan EVER!

Momma and Kris enjoying the tailgate!

Superfan Pete Johnsen and Dad

the biggest tailgate we've had yet - three cars wide!

the walk-up picture

waiting for the band to come marching in

...here they come...you can see the cheerleaders

ahhh the spirit of Notre Dame...there is nothing better!
look at all of those people!

Here come the IRISH!!!

Jimmy Clausen (#7) warming up

next year we'll have a third Notre Dame fan sitting with us!!!

final score

one with the field in the background

post-game tailgating

6 comments:

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

I was there too, cheering for MSU! Great game up until the end! :( - looks like you had a great time too! Couldn't ask for better weather!

Vince Vaughn was there too, my husband saw him but I didn't - :(

Barb said...

Great pictures of the outing! Made me feel like I was there.Glad ND won the game when you were there.Is that an earring in Brian's ear in the picture right under the picture of Jimmy Clausen warming up? Did I miss out on that? It looks good Brian. Love, Barb

Aunt Kim said...

What a fun time!!!
Sal is still using his "Notre Dame Adidas backpack" at school that Uncle Lenny got him! It's going on its 3rd year!.

Aunt Kim

KatieK said...

We're so glad you were able to get away to the game on Saturday! And, also glad they managed to pull off the win! :)

Let us know when you are headed out of town next. Trip is welcome at our house anytime. We loved having her here with us. Parker seems a little sad & lonely tonight. I think he misses 'his girl'...

Love--
Katie, Steve, & Parker

tamilazzo said...

What an awesome weekend for us all! A Bear win and an ND victory. All that and USC lost. We missed our Puggie girl but a great time was had by all. Next year we will have the tailgate 5 cars wide!

T said...

I told Lizzie to steal the big snickers in my honor.