Sunday nights during the summer mean one thing for the Witkowski's -- sand volleyball at a local bar called The Foundry. Brad, Megan, Mackenzie, Greg Kosar, Brian Healy, Keith Healy, Brian & I are Team 6. I wasn't allowed to play this session, for obvious reasons, so along with captain, I also took the role of #1 fan. This past Sunday we had playoffs and as you can tell from my title...we WON the whole thing! As the championship game began the rain started to come down slowly - kind of a like a mist. Then, it came down a little harder and a little harder until it was full out pouring! We ended up losing the first game and then winning the next two! It was a great night! Our prize is free registration fee for session one next summer.
I tried to get a picture of them playing, but it was really hard from the doorway I was standing in...you can't tell, but the rain was really coming down at this point.
Brian Healy & Mackenzie
Back to Front: Brian Witko, Megan, Greg

Here is a few of us standing in the doorway watching the game...some of them are from other teams we played during the season.
Team 6 CHAMPIONS!!!
Brad, Megan, Brian Healy, Greg, Brian Witko and Mackie
They were soaked!
one with their captain!

Mackenzie & her roommate Ashley
Me with our favorite ref, Jim
SOAKED!
Mackenzie with her favorite coach!
4 comments:
OMG! I saw on fb that Mac had posted something about Team 6, but I didn't understand. That is great and looks like a lot of fun! Next year you can be in the sand with them to go for 2 years in a row! Always thinking of you and Brian. Love, Jen
What a great season for Team 6. I can't believe they played in the rain and thunderstorm. It was nasty down here, branches down, pots and plants thrown about.
Congrats to my favorite team! You're number 1!
Yay! Congratulations, Team 6!!
Aunt Kim
We're back! It serves them right for giving us an extra loss this session. I was most excited about the fact that no one was struck by lightning...it got a little scary there for a while.
Post a Comment