Monday, September 14, 2009

A Weekend in Cincy

This past weekend we traveled to Cincinnati to visit my cousin Nick, my Aunt Jan, and my Uncle John. It was a pretty low-key weekend, hanging out and catching up. We even took Trip to Petland - her first home! She loved it! As always, Brian & I had a blast with Nick and his girlfriend Sarah. We wish we lived closer so that we could see them more often!

Coincidentally my cousin Marissa's soccer team had a couple of games down in Cincinnati the same weekend. It was perfect timing for all of us to catch one of her games and hang out with her and Uncle Mike for the evening. We had a great time cheering her team on to a 3-1 victory - even with bad refs. Man, I love girls soccer! Congratulations Marissa on an awesome game!

...you know you're in Ohio when...

Trippy's first home - Nick & Uncle John's store!

The three of us in front of the store.
Hey Nick what happened to the sign???

Trip loved the fish department! It looks like she wants to dive right in!

Waiting in the car for Nick & Brian...Trip took the opportunity
to curl up with her favorite froggy, from her favorite friend, Parker!

Knowing that we were going to see Uncle Mike that evening, we assembled some beautiful birthday balloons in honor of his birthday...I mean really, we couldn't show up empty handed!
Here I am writing on the balloons, Brian is holding them, and Nick is feeding Brian a chip!

The finished product...Uncle Mike doesn't know what's heading his way!

Brian's turn to feed Nick a chip while he is grilling our delicious lunch!

one of the many things I consumed over the weekend...
seriously though, who can pass up one of these juice bars?! I know my sisters are right with me!

Feeding time in dogtown! Bear, Tonka, Miller, and Trip

me & Nick

Here we come birthday boy!

Marissa is #4 - you go girl!

corner kick

Marissa had a beautiful assist to one of her teammates and I'm so sorry that I don't have a picture of it! I was too busy screaming and jumping up and down for her as she was dribbling toward the goal...the picture just wasn't going to happen!

GOAL!!!

Brian, Nick, Uncle Mike, Marissa
Happy Birthday Uncle Mike! We love you!


We sure had a great weekend in Cincinnati! Thanks Nick and Aunt Jan for having us! We love you guys so much! See you soon!

6 comments:

Aunt Kim said...

Wish Sammy, Sal & I could have been there, too! Yes, it was great timing that you and Brian were visiting Cinci! Thank you for catching the game and for the birthday balloons for Mike! It was great to have family with him on his bday!

Too cute that Trip got to visit Petland!

Thanks again!
Love,
Aunt Kim

P.S. Where is the weekly belly bump picture from Kristen? I think you forgot to post it! :)
hehe

Angie Kinney said...

Wow I wish I got to see you guys more! Talk to you later.

GBA 24/7 said...

Love the pics Rach! Looks like you had a great time!

KatieK said...

So glad you were able to get away & enjoy some time with family this past weekend! And, glad Tripsy got to tag along too...although Steve, Parker, & I are waiting for the time that she gets to come stay with us while you & Brian get away! :) It looks like she had a blast with all the dogs. I love the picture of all of them eating! Thanks, too, for the Petland souvenirs. The monkey is flailing around as I type!

I'm with Aunt Kim...where is the belly bump picture & the measurement. Is Kristen slacking?! :)

Love--Katie

Patty said...

First of all, I loved the ultrasound pictures of Baby Witko! What a miracle. Oh my gosh. Isn't it amazing how loved this little one is?
Secondly, loved hearing about your trip to Cincinnati. My son moved there two years ago after graduating from college. He lives in the Mt. Adams area. We are heading down there this weekend to see him and for Zinzinnati, the big Octoberfest (in Sept?!) celebration. I'll have a brew in your honor since you can't participate in such things these days :)
Thanks for the updates! Love reading your blog, Rachel

Kevin said...

Whaaaaa? No mention of seeing your own brother? Yeah Im a little behind on the blog but maybe if there was a little more Kevin Witkowski up in here......