Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gala-gant

This weekend Brian, Lizzie & I went to the 50th Anniversary Gala at Walsh University in Canton, Ohio. (my mom and dad had a wedding in Michigan, so they weren't able to make it) My Dad graduated from Walsh in 1974. He is a huge supporter of Walsh University. I'm not sure why I never gave Walsh a chance when choosing the University I would attend...sure it is small but it sure has a lot of character...Walsh has a gorgeous campus and you couldn't meet any nicer of people. Maybe our kids will go there...

My Dad is very involved in his Alma Mater - he is on their Board of Directors. Last year he was even inducted into their Wall of Fame! The Walsh soccer field is named for him too.

It was Homecoming weekend so along with the black tie Gala we also saw the boys and girls alumni soccer games. My Aunt Malo and Uncle Ba, who live in Mentor, Ohio, drove down and came to the Gala with us! We had a great time!


Here we are heading to campus...

In the Student Center, there was a bulletin board noting all of the Homecoming events...Look who we found on it! (that is my dad speaking at his Wall of Fame Induction)

Brian & Lizzie and the Cavalier Baseball Team...

The Wall of Fame plaque located in the brand new athletic center...

Dad's NAIA District Championship Soccer trophy - they won it in 1973

Lizzie & I at Dad's field posing with his scoreboard - so cool!

the alumni game...it was cold!

Now on to the pictures from the Gala...Lizzie with her "black tie"!

Me & Aunt Malo

Uncle Ba was asked to stand in honor of my Dad when they announced the Board of Directors

Lizzie & I with the Walsh President, Richard Jusseaume

MaryEllen & Pat Cunningham
MaryEllen went to Walsh with my Dad and Pat is on the Board of Directors

Aunt Malo & Uncle Ba

A nice picture of the five of us!

...the music couldn't contain Lizzie...she just loves "SHOUT!"
getting ready to head out Sunday morning - Brian was in a bit of a rush, so while Lizzie is packing I am putting on her socks...check out the shadow on the wall - doesn't it look like a ghost is tapping me on the shoulder? Spooky!

Almost home...what a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

tamilazzo said...

I'm number one! Sure wish we could have attended. The Pollock wedding was beautiful and we had fun too. Are we the most blessed family in the world? Thank you Ba and Malo for going in our place. Ba is now an honorary BOD! I love the pics of you guys at the soccer field. It sure looks like you had a blast.

Momma

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time this weekend. I just have to say....Rach, in all those pictures you are just glowing!

Love you guys!
Deana

Ang Kinney said...

everyone looks great!! love you guys.

Aunt Kim said...

Wish we could have been there!!!
What a very nice time & event held by the college! One of us HAS to have Milazzo kids that play on that way-cool field!!!! Sal has a tournament coming up in Canton, that is right around the corner from Walsh! Last time Marissa played there, we took a few of her teammates to see THE MILAZZO FIELD and hopped the fence for photos and sent to your Dad! Figured if we got busted by campus security, we'd whip out the IDs! :)
haha

You all looked great all dressed up (nice tie, Lizzie!!!).

Love and hugs!!!!
Aunt Kim

KatieK said...

What a cool thing to do for your Dad! I'm sure he was so proud of his girls...and Brian...for representing him at such a great function! :) I love all of the pictures. They're all great, and I completely agree with Deana...you ARE glowing! :) Congrats on making it thru the first trimester! You're on the upswing now...only two more to go!

Lots of Love! Katie

Aunt Kim said...

Channel 3 News did a segment on Walsh's Anniversary on the morning news this morning! We kept cheering "show the soccer field!!!!" as the broadcaster was talking about the university and all that has been done is the past years! :)

Hey...it's Wednesday...wonder what Tam's making for dinner? hehe Looking forward to the next update and pics! Rachel, you look awesome!

Love & hugs,
Aunt Kim (again)