Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cinderelly Cinderelly

My all time favorite movie is Cinderella. I know, I know, I know what you're thinking. Yes, a Disney movie is my all time favorite movie.

Cinderella is the ultimate princess movie and now that I have a little princess of my own, it isn't much of a surprise that she would have some Cinderelly in her room.

Back track to Christmas 2009. My most special "fairy" Godmother, Aunt Malo, gave me a 1000 piece Cinderella puzzle. It was a scene of the coach driving up to the castle. It was a beautiful painting turned puzzle. We were very excited to put the puzzle together so that we could hang it in McKenna's room.

Little did we know, the puzzle was actually only 998 pieces. After Brian & I put it together, we found that we were missing 2 pieces! Ugh, how annoying!

Rather than framing the puzzle missing 2 pieces, we decided to enlist the help of one of Brian's good friends from college.

Greg Beall went to Valpo with Brian and is a graphic artist for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He is a very talented artist, so Brian sent him a picture of the puzzle to see if he could paint it for us.

Well, check it out...I think you may agree. Greg has outdone himself.


We are so thankful to Greg and his beautiful painting. I don't think we'd find anything more special than this to hang in our princess' room.

No comments: