Sunday, February 27, 2011

Update: BabyBelly #2

Funny. I really thought I would be good about taking pictures of my growing belly week to week. Just like I did with McKenna.

But no such luck.

For as slowly as this pregnancy has felt like it's moving...I'm already 37 weeks and 4 days.

Where has the time gone?

I have an iPregnancy App on my iPhone that Brian & I use to update each of our OB appointments. We used it with McKenna and we now use it with Ben. It allows us keep track of my appointments, my weight, my blood pressure and pulse, and the baby's heart rate. We can also take notes about each appointment and a picture. It's definitely a handy tool to keep all of the information organized...especially during our pregnancy with McKenna when week to week it was something else...

This pregnancy has been considerably boring.

Which is a good thing. A very good thing.

Here is a rundown of pictures of me at each of our doctor's appointments.


6 weeks pregnant...first OB appointment of pregnancy #2

10 weeks 5 days

14 weeks 1 day


14 weeks 6 days
Kenna is just over 5 months old

18 weeks 6 days

26 weeks 5 days
I decided to get a picture of Brian instead... :)
my belly measured 27 weeks 2 days

30 weeks 4 days
my belly measured 32 weeks
the nurse reassured me that it's normal to measure bigger for your
2nd pregnancy, especially with pregnancy's as close as mine


32 weeks 5 days
belly measured 33 weeks

34 weeks 4 days
belly measured 35 weeks
McKenna is almost 10 months old here!


Valentine's Day! 35 weeks 5 days
belly measured 36 weeks
1 cm dilated

36 weeks 5 days
belly measured 36 weeks
dilated 2 cm, 70 % effaced

My next appointment is tomorrow night, Monday, February 28 at 5:50pm. Let's hope I've progressed even further!

One big difference with this pregnancy compared to my first is that I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I'm still working. Last year I was put on bed rest at 33 1/2 weeks, so I'm in unchartered territory with this working late into pregnancy thing. Wow is it tiring. It probably doesn't help that I'm seemingly on my feet all day long. By the end of the day, my feet and legs are sausages and I am full on waddling. Quack, quack.

I'm going crazy with an excitable anticipation of my water breaking at school. I just can't imagine how some of my students would react! What a story that would be!

I think my friend Katie really hopes it happens at school....that way she can be the one to take me to the hospital! :)

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

We're in full "get ready for baby" mode here at the Witkowski house. Ben's nursery is finished. Complete with crib, bedding, changing table, diapers, wipes, and now a chair rail and painted walls. My bag is packed for the hospital - just in case! - and the pack-n-play is set up with the newborn napper at the end of our bed.

...the pack-n-play was set up with Ben in mind...but another one of our family members thought it was set up for her...

one serious yawn

even snuggling with a quilt that was knit for Ben

just warming it up for him, Mom

March 16 is just around the corner...will I make it all the way there??? Gosh, I hope not! :)

6 comments:

tamilazzo said...

I'm hoping for the 10th. It would be so nice to be born on Great Grandpa Bush's birthday. No one in the world nicer than my Bush!!

mugsy said...

Working up until your due date is overrated...nothing about it is fun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some time this week. I can't wait to meet little Ben!

Brina said...

Since there is a trend going on...I'll say this weekend. We're so excited, and on our toes waiting for happy news! <3

Love,
Aunt Brina, Uncle Eric, & Cousin Bandit

Anonymous said...

It is trips house, it is nice that she lets you guys stay there! Come on benny boo boo.. Time to come out and play. -Brad

KatieK said...

If we're going to start giving dates...I'll put my vote in for 3.7.11. ;) Can't wait to meet Benny Boy!

Aunt puggie said...

I say 3.18.11....hahaha after ur due date!!! Hahaha don't be mad!!