30...the big 3-0!
Brian's 30th Birthday was on Friday, June 25th, and we celebrated in grand fashion!
I was a little nervous about what we were going to do for it because I was really hoping we'd already be in our house. It would have been a lot of fun to be able to have everyone over to our new house, but that wasn't able to happen.
In my family, birthdays are a big deal. Half the time, birthDAYS end up to be birthWEEKS or in my mom's case birthMONTHS! There is always a birthday sign that is hung up in the house for the birthday boy/girl...we just make sure that it is a special day.
Now that Brian is part of our family, he gets the same kind of treatment. His birthday celebrations lasted from Thursday to Sunday!
Thursday night, we met Brad, Megan, & Baby Samples out for dinner at P.F. Chang's. We gave them a gift card for their anniversary and they decided that it would be fun to use it as a foursome to begin the birthday celebration. As always, we had a really nice time. Kenna just wishes she could have had some Lettuce Wraps!

Friday afternoon, Brad, Megan, Baby Samples, McKenna & I surprised Brian with a birthday lunch at Rock Bottom. Brian thought he was just meeting Brad for lunch...much to his surprise...we were there too!


the always clever Brady...3 - 0...in case you didn't get it!
Friday night, we had a bunch of friends and family over for a birthday BBQ...for being an impromptu party, we sure had a great turnout!

Kenna giggling at her Daddy

Happy Birthday Daddy!

it was a beautiful evening to be outside

Greg, Corey, Mr. Hilarious, Eric, Brian

Cesar & Amanda Nava

Tucker & Tim

party scene

Brad getting the birthday candles ready with help from Barb and my Mom

I'm 30!


inside party scene

birthday sign!


The Bea Family

Best Friends Forever!

you know you're 30 when...
you get a weed whacker for your birthday!

The Original Witkowski Family
(minus Kevin)

The New Witkowski Family
(still minus Kevin)

Milazzo Love!
(minus Dad and Lizzie)

Todd Samples & Jenna Pergande

Sabrina & Eric

Greg Kosar & Anne Fromknecht

Megan & I

Pepper really wanted to be in this picture!

The Samples Family

Two 30's and a 29

Brother and Sister-in-law love

On Saturday night, I surprised Brian with a night out in the city. We went to dinner at Graham Elliot and then stayed at The Fairmont. We missed our Punky, but it sure was a nice night out for just the two of us!

I booked it on Priceline so I was a bit nervous...
the hotel was very impressive, it was gorgeous!


we walked down Michigan Ave before dinner...right by Dad's office!


Graham Elliot is a chef from one of our favorite shows, Top Chef Masters
His restaurant was amazing!

hard to see anything but the birthday boy

...and YES...we got to meet the Chef in person!
I asked our waiter if we could meet Graham...and he made it happen!

a new Graham Elliot restaurant coming soon on State, grahamwich

we totally looked like tourists!

Happy 30th Birthday to the most amazing husband and Dad!
McKenna & I love you sooo much!
3 comments:
Rachel, you're awesome! What a great b-day Brian had!
Happy (Belated) Birthday, Brian!
We love and miss you all,
Love,
Aunt Kim
Look like you had a wonderful time!
Rachel and brian this is what it is all about. Happy Belated Birthday!
Thanks for sharing!
Toni
It was a great couple of days celebrating a special son-in-law! Rachel is a very lucky girl to have married such a nice guy!
Post a Comment