Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our New Home!

On Thursday, May 20th we finally closed on our dream house in Plainfield, Illlinois!! We are estatic! There is still a bit of work to be completed so we actually won't move in for a couple of months. The house has 4 bedrooms and 4 1/2 bathrooms. It is an All Suites Style, so each bedroom has a bathroom and a walk-in closet! Perfect for visitors...or better yet...perfect for lots of kids!

It has been great living at my mom & dad's house. They looooovvvveee having McKenna 24/7. It has definitely been a special time....although, they may be a bit ready for Trippy to head out! :) We can't thank them enough for letting us move in for all this time and for all of the help with our new baby girl. I'll never forget this time...it has been absolutely wonderful!

Here are some pictures of our new house!

kitchen
the sink is to the left on the counter that the carseat is sitting on

foyer...view from the front door
the formal living room is directly to the right and the dining room is up and to the right

McKenna in her room!

Kenna & I on the front porch

I thought it would be neat to take a picture of McKenna laying on the counter in the kitchen that way we can one day show her just how little she was when we bought the house!

...memories...

full view of the front of the house with the Tahoe in the garage!

better view of the kitchen
already a great place to gather and chat!
that's Nick & Sarah again...checking out the house Memorial Day weekend!

one of the whole family on the porch

another family picture with the whole house

I have a lot more photos of the house - Brian took "before" pictures of every room. I will share them as we get to the "after"!

It looks like it'll take about 2-2 1/2 months to finish up the house. I'm hoping we'll be in before school starts in August.

We'll let you know when you can all start visiting!!! We have plenty of room for visitors!

5 comments:

mugsy said...

Can't wait to come and stay in our new room! Do we need to bring our own furniture? I'll have some for you :)

Angie Kinney said...

I am sooo coming to see you and get my hands on that baby girl she is already growing tooo fast!!! I love you and Congrats closing is a Huge deal!!! Talk later!!!

Aunt Kim said...

Congratulations, Rachel & Brian! Your new home is awesome!! Loved the pictures. Very excited for you guys! It is going to be the place for many great memories, joys, milestones & good times.

Love,
Aunt Kim

KatieK said...

We loved getting to come see the new house! So excited for you! Can't wait for when you move in. :) We'll be even more close then...hooray!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house! It looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person! You closing was on a great day! Our anniversary! See you Saturday! Love you guys!

The Tokarz Family