Friday, April 1, 2011

2 Weeks Old

Dear Benny,

We started out your 2nd week of life by heading back to the doctor for your 2 week well check. We met with Dr. Canner. This time we left your busy sister at home with GranMom and hung out just the two of us for a little while. You weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. (15th percentile) you were 20 3/4 in. tall (50-55th percentile) and your head measured 13 7/8 in. (15-20th percentile). You're a peanut!

2 weeks old - March 28, 2011


You sure are a snuggler. You love to lay on our chests and snooze the day away. You definitely much prefer to sleep with Momma rather than in your bed too! We sure love to end each of our days snuggling with our sweet boy.

We are so impressed with the strength you have in your neck already. When you are awake, you look around all over the place, usually trying to find out where that silly sister and puppy of yours is and what they're doing! When you're laying on our chest you stretch your neck and look up at our faces. It is pretty quite amazing at 2 weeks old! We are so proud of you!

Daddy was very excited to share the opening day of baseball this week with you! Here you are in Cardinals gear! Thank you Tucker Bea for letting me borrow your shirt! Uncle Brad is sneaking in the Cubby "C".

I love this picture! I think you and Daddy were practicing cheering!

Of course, we've spent a lot of time with our best friends! It sure will be fun to watch you & Brayden grow up together!

3 different stages of baby:
Kenna - 11 months, Brayden - 5 months, Ben - 2 weeks

at one point we were Brad Samples, Megan Arundel, Brian Witkowski & Rachel Milazzo now we're The Samples Family & The Witkowski Family
dinners together sure have changed!

It sure has been an amazing first two weeks with you Benny Boo. I know it's only going to get better and better!

Just know you are the most perfect little boy in the whole world.

I love you sweet boy.

Love, Mommy

5 comments:

KatieK said...

Two weeks! The time is going much too quickly! I need to see that sweet boy...and his sweet sister...very soon!

The Witkowski Family said...

We miss you too, Katie! Let's plan an afterschool date next week!
Love you!

mugsy said...

It's our favorite time of the week! Can't wait to see those beautiful babies again. Brady and I will bring over Starbucks one morning this week. (The Samples family definitely enjoys our weekly blog appearance! We feel special.)

Barb said...

I can hear Mckenna now complaining about those silly boys someday! She of course being much more mature than them...ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, i just come over in hopes that I make it in a picture for the blog. The good company and food is a nice added bonus. -UB (uncle brad)