Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Creme de la Creme

As Brian & I made our way through the world of infertility, I began writing this blog for many reasons. "Waiting for Baby Witko" was born as an outlet for my thoughts and emotions, a way to communicate what was going on with our long-distance family and a way to document our baby journey. I found that it also gave me a chance to be a writer...something I never thought I was good at.

You may have noticed the Creme de la Creme badge on the left side of my page.

The Creme de la Creme award was started as a response to the many blogging awards that are given out each winter. Mel, the author of The Stirrup Queens, expanded the idea of presenting “the best” to include a post from every blog in the ALI (adoption/loss/infertility) world. She feels that every blogger has a personal best that deserves recognition.

I submitted the post titled "With Devastation Comes Hope" from Monday, July 27, 2009. I felt that this post was one of my personal best that captivated what Brian & I were going through.

I have recently been added to the Creme de la Creme list! If you would like to check it out, just click on the milk jug badge and scroll down to #267.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those of us who have followed the blog knew you were the best. Each post moved me to tears, smiles, and your voice rang true through out. However, I thought it was because I knew you that I felt this way. It is so nice that others honor your blog and see that you are truly a wonderful writer. Congrats! - Michelle